This Page

has been moved to new address

Earth Day Thursday- Reclaimed Wood Headboards

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Earth Day Thursday- Reclaimed Wood Headboards

This Page

has been moved to new address

Earth Day Thursday- Reclaimed Wood Headboards

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Earth Day Thursday- Reclaimed Wood Headboards

Thursday, December 22

Earth Day Thursday- Reclaimed Wood Headboards

Buying any kind of new wood furniture is like insane to me. You can find such amazing and sturdy pieces in thrift stores, at garage sales, and on craigslist every day. A little TLC can reveal something way more unique, interesting and earth friendly than what you will buy new in a store. 

 I had no idea I "needed" a new headboard. But I figure if I use what I've got and rescue something from a landfill then it is A.O.K.

This is what I've got.


EH, it's close but not exactly what I want. But, when you have next to nothing for a budget, a big reno is out of the question.I even did a post on it because it reminded me of a photo in Ballard.

Then one night while relaxing and looking at some pins, I saw something that almost made me fall off of my chair. 


Are you kidding me with this? Seriously? It is like my bedroom oasis dream. Cozy, natural, rustic, peaceful, tranquil.....ahhhhhhh...wait I just dozed off.

I AM GOING TO DO IT
Oh yeah I am, I just said right out loud and admitted I am going to steal this idea to the best of my ability.
 
I am going to somehow frame out that upholstered headboard I already have. I have about a bajillion old fence boards in my garage that my husband would love to see gone. When I showed him this picture and revealed my plan he said, "you mean all that crumbly wood with the rusty nails in it? I don't think that's for this project." HMPH...we shall see. I am going to sand some and see if I can get most of the splinters out, cause I am down with getting injured while I'm sleeping.


This got me looking at other interesting headboards made from reclaimed wood and look at all of the goodies I found. Click on the picture to go to the original post
(or to pinterest where irresponsible people pinned the ideas without correct link backs)


Mrs. Fancy Pantz





{AKA} Design

Garrison Hullinger Interior Design, Inc

Our Vintage Home Love








Camille Styles





The Rooster and The Hen

Todd Manring Designs

Salvage Secrets


HGTV

Warren And Wayne


Again, I didn't realize I "needed" a new headboard , but all it took was 1 photo and 1 second. 


Now, I can't think about any other project. Every time I peek into my bedroom I think, "ugly old headboard!"
The only stipulation is if the fence wood I have doesn't work, I must use found, reclaimed, or otherwise free wood. Ideas are just flying through my head right now!


Photobucket

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At December 22, 2011 at 8:28 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow...you found some amazing headboard ideas! Good luck with you quest!

 
At December 28, 2011 at 10:25 AM , Blogger Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Your headboard looks wonderful!

I love all the different ones you posted.

Dee

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home