This Page

has been moved to new address

My First Stab at Chevron-EH...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: My First Stab at Chevron-EH...

This Page

has been moved to new address

My First Stab at Chevron-EH...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: My First Stab at Chevron-EH...

Tuesday, December 13

My First Stab at Chevron-EH...

I LOVE chevron-it is cute and fun and I would love to have a splash of it somewhere in my home. So I decided to finally give it a shot on the top of this little table I found at a thrift store for $3.99.




I painted this little one up with some white paint on the legs and sides and sage green on the table top. Then it was time to CHEVRON!

I read some tutorials and most of them included using push pins and a lot of taping and cutting to exact measurements...ugh. Honestly, that didn't sound fun to me. Finally, I decided I thought I had a better/easier plan. I printed out two templates and decided to use the one on the left.



I cut them out, taped them to fit the width of my table top.



Now, instead of measuring and cutting tape strips, I traced the stencil onto the table.



Then I painted the strips...this is where I "thought" I would be so cool and actually paint clean and straight lines...hehe


So, then I thought I could use my Elmer's Paint Pen and outline each strip to make it look better. Well, I didn't have the black I wanted, and I wasn't going to wait until I got to the store, so I used silver...not so sure about that choice. So I distressed the whole thing and waxed it nice and shiny and just called it a day.


Eh....it's ok



I am not in love with it, but I learned a bunch and it will be functional in (and match) my daughter's bedroom. Apparently she is learning all about photographing projects for the blog!


At least SHE likes the silver



And I like the mix of painted and natural wood.



Next time, I will probably try this method one more time and see if I get any better at it...I REALLY don't want to measure and cut all that tape!



Photobucket

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

At December 13, 2011 at 7:19 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Just okay!? I love it! I like the rustic look of it and how it's not perfect. Nothing is perfect, right? haha :) Great job!

-Bonnie @ Revolutionaries
http://bonniegetchell.blogspot.com

 
At December 13, 2011 at 7:47 AM , Blogger Rebecca said...

It looks great! And the table was only 3.99, score!

 
At December 13, 2011 at 9:50 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Don't you love getting a piece of furniture cheap and then you can play around with a new technique?!! Then, if it doesn't work out the way you imagined you don't feel as though you wasted time and money...... I think your table look great! :)

 
At December 13, 2011 at 11:23 AM , Blogger the cape on the corner said...

looks great! i'm too afraid to try chevron-ing a curtain still.

 
At December 13, 2011 at 11:42 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

I love that table, what a score!! I know what you mean, maybe I'd like the chevron more if the stripes were a little wider, but it's still awesome! :) And I love the color green with the natural wood and distressed white, those colors are beautiful together.

 
At December 13, 2011 at 1:38 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

I like the mix of wood and paint. The chevrons look really nice.

 
At December 13, 2011 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Katie @ sweetgirlexpressions said...

Very nicely done!!! You should be proud :)

 
At December 13, 2011 at 2:00 PM , Anonymous Deidre~ said...

Wow this really turned out nice! Great job! Thanks,Deidre~ http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

 
At December 13, 2011 at 7:07 PM , Blogger Floppin Flower said...

It turned out great! I think the silver was a perfect choice! (even if you were forced into it! hee hee)

 
At December 14, 2011 at 6:10 AM , Blogger Emily said...

I think it looks great! I totally would have done it that way too, without all the measuring and taping, I'm way too lazy for all that work!
Emily
domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

 
At December 14, 2011 at 1:25 PM , Anonymous Shiloh said...

I'll be honest, if it saved you the effort of not dealing with all those bits of tape, I think it looks fabulous. Personally, I'd definitely do it over again like you did. Maybe I'd get a black pen first though.;)

 
At December 16, 2011 at 9:01 AM , Blogger Katie said...

Eh, ok?! Yeah right! I love it!! Love all the colors used and the distressing!

 
At December 16, 2011 at 9:59 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Love it! The distressing is perfect :)

 
At December 16, 2011 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

...and WHY are you not inlove with this??? I was looking at it and dreaming about the places I'd put it at my house! I love love love it! To be honest...it's one of the best pieces I've seen in awhile.

 
At December 16, 2011 at 11:24 AM , Blogger Lori said...

Nice job..I like! I'm a follower too.

 
At December 16, 2011 at 12:43 PM , Blogger Emily Weinzapfel said...

What a great redo!! Would love for you to link up @ Find Your Craft Friday over on my blog... Have a great Friday!

Emily @ BabyBerry
http://weinzapfelbabyberry.blogspot.com/

 
At December 16, 2011 at 8:01 PM , Blogger Melissa @ LoveBugLiving said...

I love chevron patterns too, but haven't tried to create any yet! Great job!

 
At December 19, 2011 at 8:26 AM , Blogger Erica M. said...

That's pretty cool! Its a great idea. Everything is trial & error but I think this came out pretty well.

 
At December 21, 2011 at 5:07 PM , Anonymous Robin said...

I love it! I have a total love affair with Chevron however, I do not own one thing that has Chevron on it. Go figure. I must make something. Thanks for the inspiration.

 
At December 24, 2011 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Heather said...

So cool. I'm feeling inspired to paint now

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home