This Page

has been moved to new address

I Saved a Life!!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: I Saved a Life!!!

This Page

has been moved to new address

I Saved a Life!!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: I Saved a Life!!!

Tuesday, December 20

I Saved a Life!!!

Of a lamp that is. 

This rotten miserable lamp was sitting in the thrift store for $2.99. 



When I discovered it actually worked I knew I could save her from a landfill. The photo is terrible, but not as terrible as the lamp. The base is wood and dirty scratched brass and the shade is crumbly.

Off I ran to the garage and grabbed the Rust-Oleum Clean Metal Primer.


It worked great on the brass and also cleanly primed the wood parts:)

Then I decided to paint the lamp my current favorite spray paint color. 
Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch-Slate Blue


It took 2 coats to get it covered well. Then I used this awesome fabric to cover the shade. It used to be a headboard and I tore it off and saved some salvageable pieces. Luckily, the piece was large enough to cover the shade. Hot glued that sucker on the crusty ole shade and we were ready to party!



Now, the lamp is enjoying it's new life in my living room!



It really looks great.






The paint color and finish are just perfect.


Turned out to be well worth the $2.99 + supplies and time. This was so easy and anyone could do it!
Photobucket

Labels:

5 Comments:

At December 20, 2011 at 7:08 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

OMG....what a transformation! You are a miracle worker! :)

 
At December 20, 2011 at 10:21 AM , Blogger At The Picket Fence said...

Beautiful! I know that little lamp is very happy with her new life transforming makeover! :)

Heather

 
At December 20, 2011 at 4:33 PM , Blogger Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants said...

You have done one of my favorite things to do! Check out a couple of my redo's. It makes me so happy when I take an ugly lamp and turn it into something pretty cool!http://ms-smartie-pants.blogspot.com/2011/01/hideous-lamp-redo.html

 
At December 20, 2011 at 8:58 PM , Anonymous life just saying said...

That is amazing to me. How do you see this? Cool.

 
At December 20, 2011 at 11:45 PM , Blogger cherished bliss said...

Love how it turned out! Nothing like a little spray paint to save something! : )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home