This Page

has been moved to new address

Earth Day Thursday - Use What You Got

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Earth Day Thursday - Use What You Got

This Page

has been moved to new address

Earth Day Thursday - Use What You Got

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Earth Day Thursday - Use What You Got

Thursday, December 15

Earth Day Thursday - Use What You Got

Found some old metal rulers in a friends garage-she didn't want them-I DID!
I've been sitting on them for a while now, just waiting for something fun and I decided to make a star.




This is a total "use what you got" project. So after hot gluing the rulers to form the star, I hit my craft supplies.



I found some wire and used that to create a hanger. I also found some mini clothespins to clip on too.



I used jute to tie on a few leftover jingle bells and I scrounged some mini vintagey papers to add some character.




I popped a little hang tag on there too after stamping it with a few stars.
Cute and unique scrounged decoration:) Just want everyone wants for Christmas-hee hee-maybe just me?!

Photobucket

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At December 15, 2011 at 9:04 AM , Blogger {northern cottage} said...

oh I love it - I'm sooo drawn to measures lately and the black white & red are the perfect vintage industrial mix!

www.northerncottage.blogspot.com

 
At December 15, 2011 at 9:13 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is the prettiest star I have seen this year. Love it. Great idea.

Your blog is very inspiring.

Wishes
Annika

 
At December 15, 2011 at 11:55 AM , Blogger No and Jen said...

wow this is really cool. thanks for sharing.

itsjustcalledspicy.blogspot.com

 
At December 15, 2011 at 12:45 PM , Blogger Okio B Designs said...

I LOVE that ruler star!!!! And I love Earth Day Thursday as a theme!

Jeanine

 
At December 16, 2011 at 9:42 AM , Blogger Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

I have done the stars, but love the embellishments. Thanks for sharing at Beyond The Picket Fence.

 
At December 16, 2011 at 3:42 PM , Blogger Lifes Little Distractions said...

cute!
new follower showing love
pls return the follow
http://mymedicinemayhem.blogspot.com/

 
At December 16, 2011 at 3:44 PM , Blogger weissbunt said...

Made some stars like that too with a 2 meter ruler from the dollar store but your colors are way cooler ;-)! Mine are the usual ugly vintage orange :-(. Cool craft, thanks for sharing - maks :)

 
At December 16, 2011 at 6:02 PM , Blogger Olive said...

Marvelous. I made one from a folding ruler today and left it for my hubs who is the star of my show.

 
At December 16, 2011 at 8:05 PM , Blogger Trisha @ Inspiration Laboratories said...

Great use of the rulers! Where are you going to put it? On a shelf, or on the tree?

 
At December 17, 2011 at 8:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is amazing! I love old rulers - I just saw the most amazing ruler topped stools in Ballards.

Thanks for a great party :)

 
At December 18, 2011 at 12:56 AM , Blogger Richelle Nicole said...

I love this star!! It has such awesome patina and wear and tear, fantastic!!
Rinni @ Rinni'sPlayground

 
At December 22, 2011 at 12:27 PM , Blogger Kristina @ ReMadeSimple said...

Love this! Love your style, following :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home