This Page

has been moved to new address

Wintery Tablescape

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Wintery Tablescape

This Page

has been moved to new address

Wintery Tablescape

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Wintery Tablescape

Wednesday, December 21

Wintery Tablescape

I am ALL about a table centerpiece that works all winter, not JUST for Christmas. 

I found a large wooden box, which was in great condition for $3.95 at the thrift store and it set me spinning out of control on a tablescape adventure.




I started with a piece of drop cloth and jute and wrapped it around the table.

I had some help

The jute wasn't tight enough and the drop cloth was still all drapey, so I used packing tape to secure it. I am hoping none of my guests look under there:)



Then, I ran out to our unruly juniper bushes and hacked away at them. I snipped a ton of branches and started filling my box.


Grab and go is my policy. I used pine cones we had collected on a hike, jars and bottles that I had from previous thrift store purchases, candles that have been hanging out for a while, and a few dollar store decorative balls.



These branches are really holding up better than I thought they would. I have a never ending supply though, so I am not too worried.



I am really loving the drop cloth too-I think that is going to be staying for a while.




Photobucket

Labels:

6 Comments:

At December 21, 2011 at 2:53 PM , Blogger ARK said...

pretty cool! I love it!

 
At December 23, 2011 at 7:07 AM , Blogger Cassie Bustamante said...

i love it- so pretty and so natural!

 
At December 23, 2011 at 11:17 AM , Blogger Kirby Carespodi said...

"grab and go is my policy..." And I thought I was the only one!
http://carespodikirby.blogspot.com/

 
At December 28, 2011 at 4:57 PM , Blogger Pieced Pastimes said...

Love the natural look and your tablescape is just perfect!

 
At January 1, 2012 at 2:30 PM , Blogger sorbetsurprise said...

That is a great example of a wintery centre piece, puts my single candle to shame!

 
At January 2, 2012 at 5:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home