This Page

has been moved to new address

Musique Box

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Musique Box

This Page

has been moved to new address

Musique Box

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Musique Box

Wednesday, December 28

Musique Box



I may be turning into a hoarder. 



My husband, Ian,  just shakes his head every time he walks into our garage and sees "My corner."



I keep accumulating things and slowly our guest room in the basement and the garage are filling up with "treasures" or as Ian calls it, "stuff." One little nugget that slipped deep into my corner was a small wooden toolbox looking thing. I needed something "Non-Christmasy" to work on and this was just the ticket.



I painted the box with my homemade mix of blue, black and white chalk paint.



Then I Mod-Podged vintage music sheets on the end caps of the box. I have REALLY gotten some use out of the 2 music books I bought for $1. I made this, and this, and this.


Then, I used carbon paper to transfer the word, "musique" onto the front and painted it with black craft paint.



Then, I scuffed up the edges and waxed the entire thing with ASCP clear and dark wax.


I sure do like it filled with pine cones and I think it is going to  look great in my living room this winter!
Photobucket

Labels:

11 Comments:

At December 28, 2011 at 7:43 AM , Blogger Katie @ sweetgirlexpressions said...

Very sweet, I love it! By the way, if you're a hoarder, so am I :)

 
At December 28, 2011 at 10:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have one of these sitting on my (newly painted) dresser. I think it would look super cute done up like this.

I may just have another project in the works for some music sheets...

Thanks for sharing!

 
At December 28, 2011 at 11:13 AM , Blogger A'n'G Johnson said...

I think all of us crafters/artists have some hoarder in us. My husband tells me I am one all the time and he laughs anytime I say I'll clean my "pile" (which is the guest room) and just says he will believe it when it happens...

 
At December 28, 2011 at 11:29 AM , Blogger LifeLessOrdinary said...

I love the box, esp. the paint color. And I have a couple of "corners" like yours. My husband calls me a hoarder all the time, lol. I love my "stuff".

 
At December 28, 2011 at 1:51 PM , Anonymous abbie said...

They say "Hoarder" like it's a BAD thing!! I'm there, too, but the last time we moved, I was forced (DOWNsized a lot) to purge...it was NOT a pretty picture. I loved the tool box- it is way cool!

 
At December 28, 2011 at 5:15 PM , Blogger Jodi@ underthegeorgiasun.com said...

I LOVE this!!! I'm a sucker for sheet music and mod podge. :o)


I'm a bit of a hoarder too. I think it goes along with being a crafter. ;o)

 
At December 28, 2011 at 7:30 PM , Blogger My Mercurial Nature said...

I love it! Using the music sheets that way is a great idea...I may have to come up with a way to do something similar.

 
At December 30, 2011 at 10:03 PM , Blogger Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Hoarding is a part of the creative process. lol Your carrier is really cute.

 
At December 31, 2011 at 12:15 PM , Blogger My Duong said...

So pretty! This idea is so versatile for many projects! Would love love love for you to share this at my Best of 2011 party going on now http://space46.blogspot.com. Happy new year! My

 
At January 1, 2012 at 6:32 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

This is AMAZING! I love what you did! So creative!

I'm stopping over from Nifty Thrifty Things linky party. I just became your newest follower and would love to have you come check out my blog and follow me too!

-Sarah @Adventures of Our Fami-Ly

 
At January 8, 2012 at 7:32 PM , Blogger Jami said...

Great job! Thanks for sharing at the Tuesday To Do Party!
Smiles!
Jami
www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home