This Page

has been moved to new address

Love My "New" Chairs

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Love My "New" Chairs

This Page

has been moved to new address

Love My "New" Chairs

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Love My "New" Chairs

Tuesday, December 27

Love My "New" Chairs

Back at it with the chalk paint! This time I had to try black. When I visited and toured The Little Black Chair warehouse,



they were working on an A-MA-ZING black armoire.


So, I decided this pair of cruddy chairs could use the black homemade chalk paint treatment.

$2.95 each baby! What a steal

I mixed up the chalk paint myself using this secret recipe. I gave each chair one coat because I have been reading only one coat is OK with chalk paint.  I think it is probably OK with the real Annie Sloan chalk paint, but for my DIY version I will be sticking with 2 coats from now on.



After the paint was dry and I roughed up the edges, I went ahead and used only the dark wax to antique it.



The fabric was another remnant from Hancock. $5 for a yard, which covered both chairs.



So, including the paint, fabric, the chairs came in at about $15 for the pair all said and done.




I like the price and they look AWESOME in my dining room!


Ahh, the dining room with the hideous green walls. I am plotting a Christmas takeover and going to do a stenciled wall in there over vacation! No, you're right, you have never seen me stencil before, "but go big or go home", right? I am doing the entire wall baby!


Photobucket

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At December 27, 2011 at 7:08 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Does the chalkboard paint really work well as a chalkboard? Your paint looks amazing and I love that it is cheap and easy!

 
At December 27, 2011 at 7:44 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I really like what you did with the chairs!

I'm currently working on a dresser with the homemade chalk paint. It's perfect but now I have to distress and apply wax. I have Minwax Poly and I noticed it is turning a bit yellow on a white dresser. Any tips?? Am I using the wrong thing?

 
At December 27, 2011 at 7:47 AM , Anonymous Wendy @HerBallistic Garden said...

I love them too! Beautiful! The fabric's perfect. xo

 
At December 27, 2011 at 7:50 AM , Blogger Kirby Carespodi said...

I have done a "homemade" chalk paint treatment on two items now--the dressing table I just sold and a desk I'm working on now. I love how your chairs turned out! I am getting ready to try my hand at some funky little chairs I found at a yard sale--unfortunately, the upholstery may be more than I can handle. But for $5? What do I have to lose (other than a few hours of an already dwindling lifespan and five bucks)?

 
At December 27, 2011 at 9:19 AM , Blogger At The Picket Fence said...

Those are just gorgeous Kim! I have some pieces of furniture that I can't wait to get my hands on and this is so inspiring. :-) Happy New Year friend!
Vanessa

 
At December 27, 2011 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

Wow! Love them! I love the black and the fabric you used. Hope you have a Happy New Year!

 
At December 27, 2011 at 8:11 PM , Blogger Jen Lossing, Artistic Abode Designs said...

That chair looks amazing. I can't wait to see more! Great job!

 
At December 28, 2011 at 10:54 AM , Blogger Ruby Jean said...

OH wow that chair is AMAZING price and all.. :) New follower also.. would love for you to stop in and share it here http://shoprubyjean.com/2011/12/sew-crafty-tuesday-linky-3-and-features/

 
At December 29, 2011 at 2:39 AM , Blogger Lori said...

Love the chair! I have a few in the garage that I'm inspired to get working on...Thanks!
On another note...could you tell me how you get all of your link buttons lined up an uniform? I end up with posts a mile long...thanks

 
At December 29, 2011 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Sherry @ Living in the Rain Garden said...

I love how your chairs turned out and am looking forward to trying the chalk paint recipe. The fabric was a great find too.

 
At December 30, 2011 at 6:30 AM , Blogger patti west said...

wow!! your chairs turned out so chic and stylish!!! love your fabric choice. :)

 
At December 30, 2011 at 7:32 PM , Blogger Pam @Threading My Way said...

Awesome makeover!!! The fabric is perfect with the new paint.

 
At January 1, 2012 at 2:32 PM , Blogger sorbetsurprise said...

Your chairs look great, I hadn't heard of chalk paint before so thanks for enlightening me!

 
At January 6, 2012 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Our DIY Diaries said...

I love this and would love for you to share it at our Fab not Drab Fridays party! Great job!

http://www.ourdiydiaries.com/2012/01/fab-not-drab.html

Jen

 
At January 6, 2012 at 7:38 PM , Blogger Lolly Jane said...

Such a pretty redo! LOVE the fabric!!

Featured you this weekend :)
xoxo

 
At January 9, 2012 at 5:39 AM , Blogger Twinstyle said...

Your chairs turned out great! Love them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home