This Page

has been moved to new address

Chalkboard Shelf- Upcycled Pallet

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Chalkboard Shelf- Upcycled Pallet

This Page

has been moved to new address

Chalkboard Shelf- Upcycled Pallet

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Chalkboard Shelf- Upcycled Pallet

Tuesday, July 5

Chalkboard Shelf- Upcycled Pallet

  I've got some pallets in my garage....



Much to the dismay of my husband he has surrendered his parking space for the sake of my "work area." (I did promise to have it cleared out and ready for him 
by the first snow)

I look at these things every day and have been wanting to try making a shelf. First things first, ask husband to cut one of these suckers up for me.



I was left with four of these.


This shelf is for my friend, Amy's kitchen. I trimmed it down a hair so it will fit where she needs it. Then I sanded the heck out of it and painted it with 3 coats of white paint.


Out came the trusty blue tape and I marked off the edges, painted the edges white to ensure crisp lines, and painted the inside with chalkboard paint.


This shelf's purpose is to display Amy's daughter's artwork. So I grabbed 3 drawer pulls and 6 curtain rings, spray painted them all silver, and used epoxy to adhere them to the bottom of the shelf. 


 
Remember, epoxy needs force to adhere, so my cookbooks came in handy.


And here it is!




I so love it. I hope it looks good in Amy's kitchen!



There is room inside for cookbooks, bottles of wine, and take out menus.



I am on a roll, who needs one?

I am giving one away HERE!!!!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At January 1, 2012 at 4:35 PM , Anonymous Katy said...

I've been wanting to create with pallets, I hate to see them heading to the landfill when there's so much potential. Thank you for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home