This Page

has been moved to new address

Earth Day Thursday- "Green" Parties

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Earth Day Thursday- "Green" Parties

This Page

has been moved to new address

Earth Day Thursday- "Green" Parties

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Earth Day Thursday- "Green" Parties

Thursday, June 16

Earth Day Thursday- "Green" Parties

  We have been to a few parties over the past few weeks and the waste makes me nuts.



So, off on a quest for the best, most exciting, easy, and cheap "green" party ideas to share.

1. Invites- I love beautiful invitations as much as the next crazy party planning mama, but I finally released that need and went paperless with our last party. Check out e-vite, punchbowl, and paperless post for some great options. I also use recycled paper as much as possible when I simply must have the invitations.



2. Reusable plates and utensils- I bought bunches of plastic cups, plates and bowels at Dollar Tree and "silver" ware at Walmart- in packs of 4/ $1

3. Serve tap water- disposable water bottles make me nutty. Why, why, why?  I serve water in pitchers and old glass milk bottles with small Ball jars as glasses. I even bought these beauties for a friends bridal shower.



3. Eco- Friendly Reusable Decorations-

Use recycled paper or fabric to make pennant banners that can be used for more than one occasion.





I bought a Wilton cupcake stand that is plain. white, and holds 24 cupcakes. I decorate it with coordinating ribbon or fabric for every occasion and then dismantle and redecorate for the next. It was the best party supply investment I have made.




 4. Take Home Goodies-

Instead of dollar store junk that just gets broken or lost within 5 minutes of leaving the party, how about a living takeaway gift,




or some yummy edible goodies to take home,


edible for birds,



or reusable handmade bags?



5. Menu Options

Anyone for local in-season food options,



and how about local wine, beer, and sodas?



Hopefully, we can all slowly make the change to more responsible parties, one small change at a time!
And some pretty "green" party pics for your enjoyment!














Okay, now I need a reason for a party!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home