This Page

has been moved to new address

Make This...NOW

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Make This...NOW

This Page

has been moved to new address

Make This...NOW

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Make This...NOW

Friday, July 1

Make This...NOW

  I made the best recipe last night for dinner and I just had to share. The only thing you have to cook is the noodles! Everything else is just mixed and tossed.

I found this one in my Parents (June 2011) magazine.

Summer Soba Noodles 

Here is the recipe straight from the Parents website.


  • 1  8-oz. pkg.  soba noodles
  • 1  cup  frozen shelled edamame, thawed
  • 1  cup  shredded carrots
  • 2  Tbs.  toasted sesame seeds
  • 1/4  cup  peanut butter
  • 2  Tbs.  light mayonnaise
  • 2  Tbs.  reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 2  Tbs.  canola oil
  • 2  Tbs.  hot water
  • 1  Tbs.  rice vinegar
  • 1  Tbs.  toasted sesame oil
  • 2  tsp.  honey
  • 1  1-inch piece  fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
  • 1  clove  garlic, peeled and quartered
 1. Cook the soba noodles according to package directions, about 8 minutes, or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain again.

2. In a large bowl toss noodles with edamame, carrots, and sesame seeds; set aside.

3. Place the peanut butter, mayonnaise, soy sauce, canola oil, hot water, vinegar, sesame oil, honey, ginger, and garlic in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until very smooth. Pour over noodle mixture; toss to combine.

I didn't use the food processor (it is so high on that shelf and I was too lazy to climb up and get it), I just mixed really well and it was fine. I added 1 cup of snap peas and the added crunch was awesome. I also used plain sesame seeds from the bulk section (again, too lazy to toast), minced garlic from a jar, and powdered ginger.

I had never eaten or cooked with soba noodles before (found them in the Asian food section), but now I am hooked. They have lots more good stuff compared to regular spaghetti and taste great (better than whole wheat pasta). My daughter, who will not eat noodles of any type actually ate these!

This was light, scrumptious, quick, and easy. It made enough for my family of 2 adults and 2 little kids. I would double it if you have 4 adults or really hungry kids. The leftovers would be great anyway.

Nice and easy dinner for a busy and hot summer day!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home