This Page

has been moved to new address

Lamp Rescue

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Lamp Rescue

This Page

has been moved to new address

Lamp Rescue

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Lamp Rescue

Tuesday, June 21

Lamp Rescue

I found this crazy ugly, falling apart, brass lamp at goodwill for $2.95


I don't think a new hanging fixture will happen in my office/ loft/ craft room since we have no electrical in the ceiling, so I decided a few lamps would help the lighting issue.



This one had such potential and it works! However, the shade was crumbling and stained. But I really wanted to use it if I could, so I wrapped it in strips of cream colored burlap!






I hot glued to adhere it to the withering shade and it seems ok, hopefully it will hold up. I sprayed the entire thing with Krylon primer for metal. And then painted it a mix of blue I had laying around.


Next, I mixed faux glaze with some wood stain and blotched that all over it and went at it again with the blue.


I actually like it. It looks super cute with the other items in my redo and I am extra excited that it still works!


One day this loft will be done, but summer fun keeps getting in the way of my projects! Hee Hee So, for now the pool, the park, and picnics will take precedence and maybe I will be finished by fall!




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home