This Page

has been moved to new address

Earth Day Thursday- T-Shirt Tote

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Earth Day Thursday- T-Shirt Tote

This Page

has been moved to new address

Earth Day Thursday- T-Shirt Tote

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Earth Day Thursday- T-Shirt Tote

Thursday, June 2

Earth Day Thursday- T-Shirt Tote



 Found this in Good Housekeeping a while back and after cleaning out our closets for summer, I found myself with a pile of worn out t-shirts.I even  made some for my kids to use with their tiny t-shirts.
Go here for all the details, it was super easy. You don't even need a sewing machine!





  I am really excited about these, because I can just toss them in the laundry (with my all-natural homemade detergent) when they get icky. When I wash my store bought bags they shrink or fall apart.These t-shirts are already shrunk and I chose fairly durable ones for this project.


All you need is a t-shirt, scissors, thread, needles, and pins


Cut your shirt into a tank.


Pin the corners like so to make more durable corners.


Then sew along the pins and then across the bottom.


Turn right side out and cut a few random vent holes.


This one held a bunch of snacks for a day at the beach. Apples, oranges, a box of crackers, granola bars...and it actually held up!


I wouldn't like put a gallon of milk in it or anything, but for day to day use, it totally works and is SO much cuter than the store bags, and so much cheaper than the "pretty" bags!


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home