This Page

has been moved to new address

Read the Writing on the Wall

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Read the Writing on the Wall

This Page

has been moved to new address

Read the Writing on the Wall

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Read the Writing on the Wall

Tuesday, May 17

Read the Writing on the Wall

Will you just look at what I found on Pinterest! This A-MA-ZING display was created by Nat at


(UM, my arse almost never clever-this is SO clever)

I am looking for some inexpensive and fun wall art for my current 
"1 Room for $100"
room makeover, and this is perfect. So I stole Nat's idea. Stole may be harsh, she knows and even offered tips and pointers if I needed them. And isn't copying the most sincere form of flattery anyway?  Seriously, she gets all the credit and hers is way more meaningful because she chose each book (no repeats) and carefully selected a meaningful passage to showcase. 

Here is where I got lazy. I am pretty conscious of using meaningful books when I use them to create....now. Mostly because last Christmas I accidentally used a World War II book to make a wreath. Yeah, "Hitler" "death" and "blood" are not usually words you want to read on your Christmas wreath! So I smartened up and used Walden by Thoreau for a spring wreath.

Here is my interpretation of Nat's idea...



However, I am not comfortable cutting up my most favorite books, and since this loft redo is for under $100, I could not go and buy new (even thrift store new) books for this project. So I settled for unoffensive books at least.





Cork board Frame from my storage area
old books
staples from my old teacher stuff

= Free Project

And really, is there a better kind? Now, Nat has amazing tutorials for this entire process and hers is the best so go over there for the details. I am just going to show you my finale!





Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home