This Page

has been moved to new address

REVEAL! Vintage Airplane Bedroom

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: REVEAL! Vintage Airplane Bedroom

This Page

has been moved to new address

REVEAL! Vintage Airplane Bedroom

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: REVEAL! Vintage Airplane Bedroom

Sunday, April 24

REVEAL! Vintage Airplane Bedroom



Done! 
Finally!
I am tired!

 
This is the view into the room from the hallway. The map wreath found a home on the door.



This is the long wall across from the door and the closet. I really do love the headboard.





Like the paper airplane I painted on the wall? The trail is electrical tape! Found the idea here in this unbelievable bedroom.



There is the luggage tag lamp, which I decided to paint black,




and my reclaimed fence turned into wall art.



 Got the clip boards for $1.99 each at Target. Then, I printed some images from Graphics Fairy and displayed my fun telegram announcing Everett's birth. Buy your own here.




The kids found a big branch on a walk with dad and it was the perfect size to use as a curtain rod.


The curtains are cloth drop cloths which I just cut off at the bottom and attached with  shower curtain rings. Total project was $14.99, including the curtains, rings and brackets to hold the stick.



I think the dresser is my favorite piece in the room.




I made a copycat Ballard board to display some sentimental items.  The "Happy Journeys" block print was made by the Everett my Everett is named after.




 Here is a ski pass his godfather made for him when he was 1 week old!



I got my big airplane from Hobby Lobby and made little wooden discs with vintage images to hang above the closet.



I am just in love with the room and how it turned out. I spent next to nothing on it....I didn't save receipts or anything, but my guess is under $100.




This was a really big project and now that it is done, I am looking around and wondering, "hmmmm, what next?

P.S. The paint was from WalMart...believe it or not it went on easily and covered great! The color is Cinder Pebble Gray




Design Dazzle

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At December 3, 2011 at 9:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this! So creative. It's giving my some inspiration for my son's room. I REALLY like the headboard, curtains, and dresser. Awesome job - thanks for sharing!

 
At December 17, 2011 at 3:08 AM , Blogger Blue Velvet Chair said...

Kim - What an absolutely wonderful room full of DIY and recycled goodness. Lucky boy!
Michael

 
At December 31, 2011 at 4:13 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's a gorgeous room, and I love that you spent so little to make it look so great!

 
At December 31, 2011 at 11:24 AM , Blogger Lea said...

Very creative!!

 
At December 31, 2011 at 4:25 PM , Anonymous Mac said...

I linked to this over at http://arecoveringperfectionist.wordpress.com because it reminds me of the FlyLady! She says FLY stands for "Finally Loving Yourself". I'm always looking for creative ways to display her little quotes in my home because she's really helped me, but a lot of her products just don't fit my style. I really liked your FLY sign with the paper airplane. I think it would be great with a hot air balloon theme, too!

 
At January 1, 2012 at 12:28 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a great room! Nice to see boy rooms in blogland. I love your creativeness.

 
At January 4, 2012 at 9:33 PM , Blogger Chris said...

I love your boys bedroom. I've been working on a shared boy's vintage airplane/travel themed bedroom for awhile now, and lost steam. I've got some fabric on the way, and you have given me some fun ideas (love the paper airplane!) - I found you accidentally and am so glad I did! I hope you will stop by my blog too - it's so new, but I love to hear people's thoughts...
Chris @FreckleFaceGirl
http://frecklefaceathome.blogspot.com/

 
At January 8, 2012 at 5:53 PM , Blogger Meagan said...

Amazing job, and a girl after my own thrifty heart -- we're moving my son into the guest room and I wanted a vintage airplane-themed room for him -- your hard work gave me just the inspiration I needed. Thank you so much and congratulations, it's truly amazing!

 
At January 23, 2012 at 9:52 AM , Blogger sol said...

Wow! this roon is so great!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home