This Page

has been moved to new address

Fly Away

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Fly Away

This Page

has been moved to new address

Fly Away

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Fly Away

Wednesday, March 9

Fly Away


I am poking away at details for my son's vintage themed bedroom. This week, I took two easy  projects(I did them both while watching Social Network-only took about 1/2 the movie-good flick by the way ).


First, my inspiration wreath was made by Marcy at Haverford House 




She (and I) used this airmail image from Graphics Fairy



I FINALLY found an old atlas at the thrift store. They are hard to come by and I REFUSED to buy a new one. I have my old atlas from my single vagabond days, but it is written on and marked up with all of my sacred memories and I couldn't bring myself to cut it to pieces. So wait I did, until I came upon a used one for this project. I pretty much used the whole thing too.


I rolled a bunch of cones and secured the ends with hot glue.



Glued them onto my cardboard circle.

Made  mini fans which I glued together to make a spiraly circle

Added my airmail image and voila!


It is almost exactly like Mary's (but hers is more perfect).
Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!!


I found lots of vintage luggage tags....like lots....like more than anyone would ever need in a million years popped up in my google search.




I printed a bunch and mounted them on cardstock. Cut 'em out and put little strings on each one.






Not sure if this is how I will keep them displayed in my son's room, but it is keeping them from getting lost for now!




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home