This Page

has been moved to new address

Wooden Pallet Dresser

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Wooden Pallet Dresser

This Page

has been moved to new address

Wooden Pallet Dresser

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Wooden Pallet Dresser

Friday, September 16

Wooden Pallet Dresser

I still had 6 wooden pallets in my garage from a neighbors sod delivery. They were super happy to get rid of the pallets so easily, but my husband wept as he said goodby to his garage parking space. (I'm exaggerating-kinda).

I was tired of hearing his crying, so I got to thinking and came up with a plan. With his eye on the prize (his parking space), he went to town sawing 3 pallets in half and removing all the boards from one side of each piece.


Then I was left with this.



I positioned the pallets so the sides with the boards removed were facing each other, to create larger openings.




Next, I used some plain jane metal brackets to attach the pieces together.



Then, I went K-Razy with the sander. I sanded and sanded and sanded. I had flashbacks from my pallet headboard.Then I realized I had to sand some more. I guess it's the trade off for the free wood.



THEN-you should
light coat polyurethane
a light sanding 
another coat of poly
another light sanding
and ANOTHER coat of poly.


But, come on now, you don't really think I followed the directions now do you?


I slapped on three coats of this awesome Minwax water soluble (super easy clean up) polyurethane, 




which I tinted with just a touch of my favorite medium walnut Minwax wood stain. 


You are also supposed to wait 24 hours for each coat to dry, um yeah that would require patience. 


But it turned out awesome anyway!





The rustic and industrial feel is a fun addition to the white vintagey furniture already in my bedroom (which I am going to show you next week!)











The baskets are all from Michael's (50% off this week).







I pretty much love it and even though we didn't "need" it, it is such an interesting addition to the space.








P.S. Do you love my new piggie? He is so stinkin cute!

AND

Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win a Party-in-a-Box!


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At November 30, 2011 at 10:25 PM , Anonymous Katelyn Hall said...

Oh.... my.... goodness.... cutest thing ever!!! I was shocked at how simple and amazing this project looked! I love everything about it! Of course, my husband didn't find it near as jaw dropping, but I was so excited! Thanks for sharing. :)

 
At December 26, 2011 at 4:26 AM , Blogger Homeroad said...

Great project! I love the metal plates you added, it really gave it originality! Nice job!
Susan

 
At January 20, 2012 at 9:37 AM , Blogger Brittany Maxwell said...

Maybe I missed it, but could you please write the dimensions because I want to see if it'd be able to fit where I'm thinking! Also, could you say how high it would be if you left off the top cubby? Thanks!

 
At September 2, 2012 at 10:56 PM , Blogger The Taylor Family said...

Wow, I love it!! I'd like to make a desk similar to this :). Any ideas??

 
At September 18, 2012 at 5:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great detailed instructions.I just bought 3 home today and can't wait to make one. You rock and your piggy is to cute.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home