This Page

has been moved to new address

My New Fave Lamp

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: My New Fave Lamp

This Page

has been moved to new address

My New Fave Lamp

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: My New Fave Lamp

Wednesday, August 24

My New Fave Lamp

A poor lamp has been hanging out in my family room feeling so blah. 
But not anymore!



She didn't seem blah with our bright red sofas. But those poor microfiber sofas went from bright red
to deep chocolate brown slipcovers, and the lamp looked....blah. 
(That d*** salesman should have warned me that drooling toddlers would ruin microfiber-
but that is a story for another day.)

I missed the red, so blah lamp, I'd like to introduce you to ra-ra-red!
I spray painted some super bright red that was in the garage. Then I toned it down and dry brushed some black onto it. 




I wrapped the gigantic drum shade in left over drop cloth and finished it with some jute cord.





Much better. 




My 4 year old daughter walked in and said, "Wow, I sure do  like that red!" She also likes to wear winter boots with her swimsuit, so her sense of style is questionable, but I think I agree with her in this case.


 
 Now, if I could only figure out that tutu lamp I am working on for my daughter!


P.S. Did you enter the giveaway to win a Shabby Apple dress? You only have till Sept 1!




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home