This Page

has been moved to new address

Earth Day Thursday- No Sew Cloth Napkins

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Earth Day Thursday- No Sew Cloth Napkins

This Page

has been moved to new address

Earth Day Thursday- No Sew Cloth Napkins

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Earth Day Thursday- No Sew Cloth Napkins

Thursday, November 17

Earth Day Thursday- No Sew Cloth Napkins

I found this great idea in Whole Living magazine.



I love this magazine and website for so many reasons! It has great recipes, eco-friendly decorating and craft ideas, and tons of tips on healthful living. When I saw this project a few weeks ago, I immediately ran to my husbands closet.

Whole Living's no-sew cloth napkins

I gently cajoled (FORCED) him to choose 5 shirts he was done with. None of which he has worn in 3-5 years, but he still cried to say goodbye...baby:)



I cut the shirt into 12" x 18" pieces



Then I frayed each edge.



I ended up with 5 napkins 



They packaged up all cute with my twine!



 They are going to make the cutest little  gifts for my eco-girls!



I am putting some in my ETSY store too.




My husband is out of town for work for the next few days and I may have to sneak back into his closet:)





Photobucket

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

At November 17, 2011 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

very cute and resourceful!

 
At November 17, 2011 at 4:32 PM , Blogger life...just saying said...

OMG! This is a great idea too. So many ideas here, so little time. Although I don't have too much time on my hands, I think I'll puruse the closets of a few family members and make some napkins. New follower!

 
At November 17, 2011 at 7:26 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I've managed to eliminate all paper goods in my house except for napkins and TP. I thought about using cloth napkins, but I've only ever had "nice" cloth napkins that I hated to soil. This is such a fabulous idea and a handy way to re-purpose my husband's shirts he no longer likes. Thanks for sharing! :)

Erin @ Carolina Country Living

 
At November 18, 2011 at 12:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my gosh so cute! What kind of material are those shirts? Just regular cotton or are they flannel?

 
At November 19, 2011 at 12:45 AM , Anonymous Jen said...

Wow, great idea! THanks for sharing.

 
At November 19, 2011 at 5:22 PM , Blogger Kim Sturge said...

Nice Idea. I think I have just the shirt in mind.

 
At November 20, 2011 at 1:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is fabulous! I was just thinking I need to find a way to make my own cloth napkins...they are so spendy but I love using them everyday. I did a cloth "papertowel" post to reduce papertowel use and spreading germs. Check it out if you are interested:
http://ponderedprimedperfected.blogspot.com/2011/11/downfall-of-paper-towel.html

 
At November 20, 2011 at 5:51 AM , Blogger Dawn said...

What a cute idea:)

 
At November 20, 2011 at 8:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, how cleaver is this! Perfect for non-sewers (like me..)

 
At November 20, 2011 at 8:26 AM , Blogger Shabby Marilyn said...

Thanks for sharing, funny your husband is going to be shirtless!
Mine has way too many, Well I think so! Can you imagine if the
hubs went into our clothes and started cutting :)

 
At November 20, 2011 at 11:19 AM , Blogger Kimberly T. said...

Those are really cute! Have you tried washing them, do they wash well?

 
At November 20, 2011 at 11:26 AM , Blogger Sherry said...

This is a wonderful idea for napkins. Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower, I would luv for you to drop by when you have a chance.

 
At November 21, 2011 at 12:26 AM , Blogger marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

that looks so pretty, I loved the edges I'd love it if you would add this to my link party at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/2011/11/what-i-wore-wednesdays-1.html

 
At November 21, 2011 at 4:31 AM , Blogger Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

Those are so adorable. Love the frayed edges. I hope you will link these up to More the Merrier Monday.
Jamie
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

P.S. I have another giveaway going on right now. Would love you to stop by and check it out.

 
At November 21, 2011 at 8:09 PM , Blogger Lauren said...

You had me at no-sew! This is great...I might have to hit up my local thrift store for some shirts...my hubby doesn't have any I'd like to turn into nampkins!

I'd love for you to link up and share: http://tutusandteaparties.blogspot.com/2011/11/pinteresting-linky-party-week-fourteen.html

 
At November 23, 2011 at 6:08 AM , Blogger Rhiannon said...

great idea, how do they wash?

 
At November 28, 2011 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent idea and love how it is an upcycle idea too!! Great gift as well. Thanks so much for linking to Strictly Homemade Tuesday!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home