This Page

has been moved to new address

I Made a Sign

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: I Made a Sign

This Page

has been moved to new address

I Made a Sign

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: I Made a Sign

Friday, October 28

I Made a Sign

It has been a rough week. My 4 year old daughter and I have been out of commission sick ALL week. However, even in my foggy sudafed induced state, I had to do something....so I made a sign.


I found a free piece of wood in the garage and layered that baby with 4 different colors/coats of paint.

 

{1} I spray painted the entire piece red
{2} I added a strip of painters tape, so that stripe would stay red and then painted the piece white
{3} I added 2 more strips of tape to get 2 white stripes and painted the whole piece yellow
{4} I added another strip of tape to get a yellow stripe and painted the entire piece gray.

Then I took off the tape and sanded so the different colors were showing through all over the entire sign.

I printed out my wording and used carbon to transfer my message to the sign.


Then, I had myself a sign.


 Breckenridgeis a mountain town we head to for skiing and fun all the time.



 Yeah, it's high.


 The colors give me a kinda retro vibe.



There is a fun split in the wood, which makes it feel "old."


On a high note, I went to see Paul Simon last night! P-A-U-L S-I-M-O-N people. 
I have been waiting for YEARS and YEARS to see him. It has never worked out and I accidentally found out he was playing here just 2 weeks before the show. Other than feelin a bit down, it was perfect!

When he started playing I forgot I was sick and danced with my husband and I felt like I was young and carefree again. A fab date night for sure.

So, don't feel too bad for my mopey sickish self-I got the night of my life and  a little sign amidst this illness!
Photobucket

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home