This Page

has been moved to new address

Best Thrift Store Find...EVER

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Best Thrift Store Find...EVER

This Page

has been moved to new address

Best Thrift Store Find...EVER

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Best Thrift Store Find...EVER

Tuesday, November 1

Best Thrift Store Find...EVER

I about had a heart attack when I found an old and vintagey looking wooden potty chair in one of my usual thrift store trips. Man, I snatched that thing up and had it in my cart before I even knew the price ($5.99 by the way). As I continued through the store about 6 different people said, "HEY! you got the potty!" It was apparently the hot item of the day.

Did I take a before photo, of course not. I was way too antsy to redo that thing and completely forgot. But let me paint you a mental picture. It was a  beat up wooden piece. Solid. It had a purple rocking horse poorly painted on the back rest. It was CRYING for some love. So love, I gave it....

I used my gray and white chalk paint made and mixed by me.

I tried two different image transfers with Citra-Solv, but they didn't work. That Citra-Solv stripped the paint off faster than I could transfer the image. So I had to resand and repaint the backrest twice-no fun really.


Then I decided I would paint  a saying on it using a carbon transfer....and I transferred the words backwards and had to sand and repaint AGAIN ...ugh.


 I finally got the words and images on there correctly after what felt like a week of resanding and waiting for paint to dry and this is what I had when I was finally finished.


How stinkin cute!



A book holder!



A T.P holder!



I seald it with Poly-Acrylic so it will be really durable and easy clean up for...well, you know, accidents and such.


Yes, it does say, "sit-wait-sit." Which is pretty much what we do on the potty around here with my nearly potty trained son.


So, there you have it! My fave thrift store find to date! It is in my ETSY shop because -thankfully- we are almost ready to get rid of little potties in this house!

Have you joined the 10 Days of Giveaways celebration yet? Click on the button to discover all the awesome offerings!





Photobucket

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 8, 2011 at 10:16 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Hee! Very cute!! I'm fixing to embark on the potty training journey myself!!
Thanks for sharing at Show & Share!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home