This Page

has been moved to new address

Blog Design Lust- Stretch and Center

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Blog Design Lust- Stretch and Center

This Page

has been moved to new address

Blog Design Lust- Stretch and Center

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Blog Design Lust- Stretch and Center

Friday, July 22

Blog Design Lust- Stretch and Center

Stretch and Center
Hmmm, no I am not talking about a Yoga pose.
 I am talking about stretching your template and centering your header.


So I have been looking, playing, experimenting, with a way to get my template to stretch. Of course there are stretch blogger templates you can buy, but I was determined to do it on my own.



Now, you can go into the old blogger templates and get the stretch minima, but then you are limited with other design aspects such as changing post title font and color and other junk like that. So that was not working for me. So after many failures, I found something that actually worked!

CLICK HERE TO GET THE CODE!

All I know is this worked for me....finally....after trying a zillion codes from a bajillion blogger "help" articles. I about fell off my chair when it actually worked.  Head over to Tweak My Blogger and there are CSS codes for all of the existing newer templates (except for Etheral). You will enter this code under the advanced tab of template designer

After you stretch your template your header will be off center. You can make it bigger to fit the space or you can center it . This little tip is from graphics fairy, but I will save you the trouble of watching the video. However, if you have never played with the HTML of your blog before, you may want to watch it. And remember to back up your HTML code of your current template in case you muck it up and need to start over. We don't need your whole blog gone forever do we?

Find this code in your template (it is around the middle or just after)

]]></b:skin>

or my template has this code:

}]]></b:skin>
 ABOVE it paste this code:

#header-inner
{
width: 648px;
margin: auto;
}


Where it says 648 px you will need to change it to the actual width of your own header.

And now your header is centered on your wide template!
I hope it works for you and I save you some time.

FYI-the reason I was searching is because I changed my blog....again....I know, I don't even want to hear the lecture.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home