This Page

has been moved to new address

Guest Post- Lisa from Condo Blues

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Guest Post- Lisa from Condo Blues

This Page

has been moved to new address

Guest Post- Lisa from Condo Blues

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Guest Post- Lisa from Condo Blues

Monday, July 11

Guest Post- Lisa from Condo Blues

I love Condo Blues


This was one of the first blogs I found and started following, way before I even began blogging! Lisa has tons of earth friendly and creative ideas and I always run over there when I am needing some eco-inspiration! I am so happy to have her here today to share a fun project with all of us!


Hi my name is Lisa from Condo Blues. I am cursed with a design style that is bigger than my wallet. I repurpose, recycle, and recreate my way to a stylish and green home.

For example, instead of burning my husband’s plaid bachelor sofa like I wanted, I realized the sofa I wanted to replace it with had the same lines. I got rid of the ugly and saved myself a bit of cash by reupholstering my sofa instead. Now I have more money to spend on dog treats. My dog is grateful for that.

My dog often appears in my project photos. Say hi to Blitzkrieg!

I found out early that DIY is not always as easy as they show on TV.  Sometimes my projects take a turn that makes me sing the blues. My goal is be the resource I wish I had that shows you how to fix those mistakes and make your project come out just as you imagined!

Who says green living has to be beige and boring? 
You see the wacky birdhouse I built. I see reclaimed materials. We both win!


I like to challenge myself to come up with a creative reuse before dropping something off to the charity thrift store such as my accidental Anthropologie tablecloth skirt...

Once upon a time this skirt was a table cloth.


...or into the recycling bin like these gift bows made from magazines.



It’s not all power tools with me. I have my girlie girl moments too. One of the ways I like to pamper myself is with a nice sugar scrub. When I found out that my favorite spendy sugar scrub was nothing more than olive oil and white sugar, I decided to make it myself.

I’ve been experimenting with sugar scrub recipes ever since.

Lavender Sugar Scrub

The key is to make the scrub in small batches and don't let it sit around too long because it doesn’t have any preservatives and the olive oil will go rancid if you one of those folks who lets things sit for years on end because it is too pretty to use.

Ingredients
  • An empty jar with a lid (a small jelly or condiment jar works great for this project)
  • Granulated white sugar (the amount will depend upon the size of your jar)
  • Olive oil (the amount will depend upon the size of your jar)
  • Lavender buds (fresh or dried is fine. Again, the amount will depend upon the size of your jar)
  • Measuring cup (optional)
  • Label (if desired)

Make it

1. Pour the granulated white sugar directly into the jar (or into the measuring cup.)

2. Pour the lavender buds directly into the jar (or into the measuring cup.)


3. Mix the white sugar and lavender buds together.


4. Pour the olive oil into sugar and mix thoroughly until the ingredients are well blended. (I prefer the put on the lid and shake method to mix my ingredients.)



4. Label the jar as desired.

Sugar is as a natural exfoliate but is still gentle enough to use on skin. The olive oil in the sugar scrub can protect your skin against moisture loss. Lavender sugar scrubs make wonderful gifts too!


THANKS SO MUCH, LISA!

I have a monster lavender plant in my backyard just asking to made into this scrub. I can't wait to get started.

 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home