This Page

has been moved to new address

Inspire Me - Open Shelving

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Inspire Me - Open Shelving

This Page

has been moved to new address

Inspire Me - Open Shelving

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Inspire Me - Open Shelving

Friday, March 11

Inspire Me - Open Shelving

Ahhhh, open shelving, I love you. You are so simple, comfortable, and charming.
A fantastic opportunity to display special items and collections.

or (in my case)

A chance for the world to see your junk.

I have four cabinets with glass doors. I should be showing off my creativity and being inspiring. However, right now I am being lazy and utilitarian.


I decided the main issue I have is that the open cabinets are right above and between the sink, dishwasher, and stove. I do a lot of cooking and I need lots of ugly stuff right at my fingertips.




I also think traipsing across the kitchen to put away my kids plastic sippy cups is a bit silly and will never happen in my world.



So right now, the world (well, everyone who enters my home anyway) gets to check out my disorganized array of spices, Dora plastic cups, and a mishmash of glasses and tableware.


I am weighing my options:

A. Keep it how it is and show off my junk

B. Take the doors off and REALLY show off my junk

 C. Keep the doors where they are and organize, straighten, and prettify the contents.

D. Cover the glass with fabric or transparent marbled contact paper

E. Switch the cabinet doors and put the glass ones on more appropriate/easier cabinets


While I ponder, research, and debate here are some beautiful options out there.

This kitchen from Home World feels used and comfortable,
while still looking tidy and beautiful. Could I collect small baby food jars to hold my spices? Because those narrow shelves with the tiny jars are TOO cute





This kitchen from Country Living is displaying spices and general kitchen items in an organized way and it looks good to me! Can I be that neat...everyday...all the time?





I love this display of cookbooks and teas along with tableware. The addition of strategic color is fun.




But then, I also love the the monochromatic look from Martha Stewart via Shelter. One color would help things appear more organized and less chaotic.



This looks so easy peasy to me. A few matching baskets and canisters and unsightly sippy cups magically disappear in these cabinets on Better Homes and Gardens






This Crate and Barrel kitchen feels so warm and inviting to me, just how I want mine to feel! (hmmm, I seem to like the painted cabinets, but I know we won't live in this house for more than a few years, and I think I should stay neutral and safe in terms of resale)




I wish I had a little corner nook for something quirky and unique like this.





This Southern Living Kitchen about sums it up for me:




1. user friendly, with everything you need-but not MORE than you need

2. organized but lived in and useful

3. some color, but not over the top

4. personal and interesting items on display



So, I need to start experimenting and see what looks good and actually works for me. I will post an update when I get my act together and figure out what to do!

 










Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home