This Page

has been moved to new address

Pine Cone Candles?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Pine Cone Candles?

This Page

has been moved to new address

Pine Cone Candles?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Pine Cone Candles?

Wednesday, February 23

Pine Cone Candles?



I WISH I would have taken a nice shot of this thing when I found it at the thrift store.

brass

fake purple and pink flowers wrapped around each candle holder

ribbons hanging all over it


But, I saw the possibilities!!! I spray painted it a glossy white.
It took four coats. Too much for my patience level



Then it sat on my desk for a loooong time. I put taper candles in it, but it was too much for me.
I felt like I should be using it in a dark and musty old castle
to find my way through the abandoned corridors



So, it sat for some more time. I was trying to think of something fun and different to put in the candle holders, and after our hike and stick finding expedition, it dawned on me that little pine cones would fit perfectly into the spots!





These were leftover from some Christmas projects, and were not found on our hike. They are real pine cones though, not candles and I think I'm ok with that.



I love how it looks on the bedside table, but it's my husband's side, and it is a bit too big for him. He seems to need a lot of tabletop space for his drinks, snacks, magazines, and books he takes to bed with him. So, it may need to find a new home somewhere else. But, it will find a home, because it is so much fun!




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home