This Page

has been moved to new address

"Old" Farmer's Market Sign

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: "Old" Farmer's Market Sign

This Page

has been moved to new address

"Old" Farmer's Market Sign

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: "Old" Farmer's Market Sign

Tuesday, September 27

"Old" Farmer's Market Sign


Just call me crazy pallet lady....

I'm ok with it, really, I am
I have been wanting something rustic and big above my kitchen window.



And since I still have all this practically new and free wood lying around, I might as well use it...right?

I grabbed a piece that was leftover from the chalkboard pallet shelf and hauled it inside to my kitchen island ( otherwise known as work center central-it is very convenient for my projects, but not so much when it comes time to prepare dinner).

I decided to try this carbon transfer technique I saw here at Shabby Creek Cottage. I saw this and knew I wanted to give it a shot sometime and then when I got the itch to do this project  today and didn't want to wait for my husband to make me copies at work so I could do the Citra-Solv transfer, I knew it was the right time!

I bought a 25 piece carbon paper pack for $6.99 at Office Max. You will find this item with the typewriter ribbon and Brother word processors...oh yeah, they still make that stuff. Word Processor, seriously? Who buys one of those?

Anyway, I printed out my wording and organized it all on the wood planks, to make sure my saying would fit (this took three printing tries, Little man got me sick and I am a bit loopy today). I decided to make a Farmer's Market sign from where I grew up...was just feelin nostalgic today, I guess.



I taped the carbon paper onto the board and then I taped the words onto the carbon paper.

I traced with a pen and voila- easy peasy, I may have to do this more often!



I chose my colors and painted everything all pretty.


Then I used one of my favorite products, The Elmer's Paint Pen to outline two words. This pen is AWESOME. if you haven't used them, march yourself out this instant and buy one. The paint comes out so smooth and even. I have used it tons and never had a mishap or mess.



Then I grabbed some leftover tinted polyurethane from my pallet dresser and slapped a coat on this whole piece.

Next up is watered down blue paint to give it a little oomph.

Then I scrounged some old hinges from the garage and screwed one on each side. Now there we go!



I really like how it turned out.




It reminds me of home...in a good way...every time I look at it.




If you haven't already, go enter the giveaway to win any item from my new ETSY Shop!





Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At January 14, 2012 at 7:16 AM , Blogger shelly said...

This is awesomely cool!
I have a question:
Were you concerned about using the citrol-sol at all?
When I was reading some of the info. on it(on Amazon) I was a bit concerned. Curious about your thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home