This Page

has been moved to new address

Little Seed...who are you?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Little Seed...who are you?

This Page

has been moved to new address

Little Seed...who are you?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Little Seed...who are you?

Tuesday, March 8

Little Seed...who are you?

,c





Spring Fever...we got it!

I am ready for playing outside....everyday, flowers, farmers markets, bare feet, and sun kissed noses.
So to get ready, we decided to start some seeds. However, I now have little pots all over the place and I am beginning to forget what's what.

Off to the amazing internet for some inspiration I ran. These copper labels look pretty easy to make and should handle the elements.



Crafting a Green World used old plastic mini blinds! Love it. And, here is room to add details such as the height and color of the plant.



Craft Junior made these easy for preschoolers to "read" labels. She even includes printable vegetable pics!





Painted Rocks we can do!


Not 2 Crafty made these wooden labels.


These ceramic tags would last forever and I love the shapes.




Gardening In Your Small Yard made these rustic labels from leftover materials in her yard and workshop.




Indestructables made these from found materials.





Cut Out and Keep used tongue depressers, but painted them, so they last longer.





So inspiratiton was not lacking! I decied, as usual, to try and use materials I already had on hand. I also wanted the kids to be able to help and for these plant markers to last for the whole planting season...and maybe next! I came up with three different styles that I really like.

Plant Markers #1


Materials
wire hangers
wire cutters
frozen juice can lids
paper
scissors
mod podge
permanent markers
drill

1. I used my wire cutter and cut my hanger into four pieces
2. I traced the juice lids onto my pretty paper and cut out the circles
3. We painted the juice lids with mod podge and stuck on our circles
4. I wrote, drew, and cut out the plain paper





5. I mod podged those on top of the pretty paper. I did 2 top coats of mod podge too.
6. I drilled a hole at the top of each lid
7. I put my wire through the hole and twisted it to secure the juice lid
8. Finished!



Plant Markers #2


Materials
pieces of scrap wood
paint
sticks (I have lots left over from our hike)
hot glue
Painter Markers (I used the Elmers brand)


I used the same wire hanger posts as #1


This was super easy! I just painted the wood, hot glued the stick, wrote my plant name on the wood, drilled a hole, and hung it on my post.



Plant Markers #3




These wear really easy too. I grabbed some sticks, sisal, Memory Makers page pebbles, hot glue and the printable from Craft Junior (above).



I printed and cut out the veggie pics. Stuck one pebble on the front. Then I put a BIG blob of hot glue on the back and smooshed the second pebble really hard so the glue oozed out. I am hoping this will protect the paper from the elements.



Then I glued the pebble to the top of a stick and wrapped it with my sisal.



#2 is more my style but #1 is my daughter's favorite. She wants to keep a close eye on those pumpkin plants!




Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home