This Page

has been moved to new address

Little Birdie

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Little Birdie

This Page

has been moved to new address

Little Birdie

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Little Birdie

Friday, February 18

Little Birdie



I stumbled upon this image and fell in love. I saved it in my inspiration file forever ago. I found it on Graphics Fairy, but after 2 hours of searching, I cannot find it again (By 2 hours, I mean 45 minutes...but it felt like 4 hours). SOOOO, I cannot link up the actual image, if anyone has the link and wants to share, I would LOVE to link it here.
***I found it!!!! The pick is linked up!)



I loved it and kept imagining it on a long wooden plank or board hanging above the armoire in my bedroom (which recently received a bird stencil treatment).

I am no tech wizard and don't know how to enlarge it and print it off in pieces to get the size I wanted. I kept looking at the image and thought...what the hell. I will try to just paint it myself. Now, I am NO artist. I can draw mean sidewalk chalk elephant, but a painter I am not.

I took a stray 2' by 4' and stained it with one coat of a medium walnut stain and waited for it to dry. Then I gave it a messy and quick coat of white. After the paint dried I went at it with the palm sander. ***God, I love the palm sander and the permission to be messy, rough, and haphazard with it***


I took a pencil and tried to copy the image the best I could. Luckily I could erase and tweak as I went. Then I grabbed the kids generic black poster paint, it's all I had and I was not patient enough to wait till I got to the store for proper paint, and I went after it.

I have to say, I felt pretty "arty" and "paintery" while I was doing it. Like I actually had skill or talent or something.


When I was satisfied, and tired of slaving over the birds, I let it dry. Then I went back to the sander and knicked up all of that beautiful painting. And now, it looks perfect (for me)!
I so love it!




It fits the space perfectly!




It's not a perfect match, and I like the image more than my rendition, but not bad.









Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home