This Page

has been moved to new address

Knitty Gritty Activity from Family Fun Magazine

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Knitty Gritty Activity from Family Fun Magazine

This Page

has been moved to new address

Knitty Gritty Activity from Family Fun Magazine

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Too Much time on my hands: Knitty Gritty Activity from Family Fun Magazine

Wednesday, October 12

Knitty Gritty Activity from Family Fun Magazine

Cheap and Easy

(haha, no not me, this activity we whipped up for today, minds out of the gutter folks)

I saw this



in Family Fun and decided I NEEDED to do it immediately for my son 

Don't let that smile fool you, he is a wild animal.

who is so sick...again. We are bored of each other and I needed some fresh material before a mutiny occurred. He eyed me up yesterday, closed one eye, held up his pretend drill like a weapon, took aim, and in his most serious voice told me to, "watch it, Mommy."

So after dinner I ran to Hobby Lobby and found this perfect yarn.

And no, I didn't pay 5.99, don't you know me at all? I used my 40% off coupon


It is sock yarn, but it had all of the colors we would need to create some stellar pictures. This was the only yarn that had color strips long enough to create the pictures I wanted to make (I knew because I unwound it in the store while the clerk made for her pretend drill and got ready to aim).

Anyway, I cut each color and we all sorted the colors into piles.



I gave the kids their sandpaper canvas 



and we had a blast!

Getting ready for Halloween.


Apple Trees

We made pictures, letters, words, and numbers.


Get 40 grit sandpaper folks, mine didn't work great and that is what Family Fun recommends.

Seriously easy, educational, and  cheap. This will provide hours of entertainment. I am thinking this is coming on our next plane ride and road trip too. Easy to shove all of it into a zip-loc and take it to restaurants to keep the heathens at bay while waiting for their meals.

P.S. No guns were pulled today, so I am considering this a HUGE  success.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home